So I have had the pleasure of shooting over 40 beautiful women this past year and this post is to talk a little about the things I believe can help with your Boudoir Shoot! Some good and bad! I really hope others, whether a Photographer or Previous/Future Boudoir clients (of mine or other photographers), will join in and give their advice. I have shot in a lot of different locations, shot a large variety of clients and have seen a lot of different outfit ideas. So here we go.
1. Think about your outfits…a lot! Your outfits should include choices that are personal in some way! Favorite sports teams, a business shirt of his, something from his career or anything he will pick up on. Not all your outfits. Maybe 1.
2. Shoes are important. They lift your butt, make your legs look longer and stilettos are just sexy as hell.
3. You don’t have to wear shoes with all you outfits but you should definitely wear them with lingerie.
4. Invest in at least one pair of new Heels for your shoot. The bottom will show in some shots and the bottom should look new!!! Maybe just buy a nice pair of black heels. They go with a lot more. If you are a true Shoe chick you will probably already have all new shoes. You know what I’m talking about.
5. Make Up matters. You should have a pro do your make up. You can get your make up done well for around $50. Dawn makes a huge difference in my shoots. HUGE!!
6. Hair! You don’t necessarily have to have it done professionally, although I recommend it, but make sure you don’t look like it is just another day at work. Hair is a huge part of your over all look.
7. I am one of the few photographers that shoot Boudoir in clients homes. I believe it adds a very personal touch and I have had a lot of clients agree. But if your house isn’t suited for a shoot, spend money on a location. It matters.
8. 7 leads to 8. Spend money on getting ready for your Boudoir Shoot. I’m not saying spend more money with me, although you should do that as well, but spend it on your shoot. This is a once in a life time shoot and you shouldn’t just pull out your lingerie you have had in the bottom of your closet for 10 years.
9. I think this is the most important!! Be you. If you are a hippie chick, wear something fun and colorful. If you are a business woman, look in charge. You are who your significant other loves and wants to see half naked. Be you!
What am I forgetting? Let me know. Any ideas out there?