I really can’t thank my clients enough for making my job so easy. This client’s Awesome review actually contains some great advice for all women who are looking to take Boudoir photos. Please read and tell your girlfriends about Bluegrass Boudoir.
I love my pics. They turned out so great!! The body shots and when I’m not looking at the camera are my faves but there’s one with me in blue outfit where I’m leaning over the couch smiling my natural smile and I felt like that pic caught my true personality. However there are many more that I just absolutely love. You are a great photographer and I think the boudiour sessions are an aspect that many people are truly interested in. And you do a fine job of setting people at ease. Ultimately I think it’s a challenge for the Woman in the session because you have to be willing to get passed your insecurities and learn to relax and let go. That was my hardest part. I think it shows somewhat from the first outfit to the last but you do a great job of predicting the uneasiness. My advice to other women doing the session is yes, the hair, outfit and makeup are important but most importantly you have mentally prep yourself. Prep yourself to let go have fun with it and if you have a boyfriend or husband, imagine what he would like to see. Because remember we all know men are a visual species! Lol I can’t thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to do something I never thought I could do. It’s nice to feel like a Victoria secret model for once lol!!!! I definitely wanna do it again and when my friends get to see the pics well they will speak for themselves no doubt.
I can’t tell you all how great it makes me feel to know my photography can affect people’s lives so much. Dawn and I had a client a few weeks back that just emailed me this and it made me feel very proud.
“Good Morning Travis,
I cannot thank You and Dawn enough for my amazing pictures. Everyone that I have shown them to have been blown away and have asked where I got them taken. I will be sending them to you! My boyfriend and I had boudoir pictures done by someone in DC just for something fun to do the week after my photo shoot with you. It was by far the worst photo shoot I have ever experienced. Our pictures were horrible. We got them the next day and I felt so down about myself and so did he, my make-up was light, the angles were wrong, we had to pose on our own and we were out of frame. I was nervous about getting your pictures back after our horrible experience. I was keeping my fingers crossed they would turn out much better. I have to say you are very talented and a wonderful photographer. I was beyond excited and pleased when I was finally able to see the pictures. You know how to take Boudoir photos to capture the true beauty of a woman. My self-confidence has been boosted and you and Dawn both have made me feel sexy and feel like ME again. I loved having my pictures taken by you. And Dawn is amazing! My boyfriend absolutely LOVES all the pictures. He has not stopped taking about them and looks at them any chance he gets. You made his belated Valentine’s Day present the best one yet! I cannot wait to have another chance to take photos with you both again. Thank you both so much for your amazing talents and kick ass work!”
Some people think that all boudoir photography is is taking photos of half naked clients. Although they are some what right, there is sometimes more to the reasoning behind why our clients want these photos. They can be a huge “self-confidence” booster as this client states. They can put a kick back in your sex life. I think more than anything, a women wants and deserves to feel sexy! Here are 4 out of about 90 photos she is referring to. Hope you all enjoy them and can imagine yourself in her shoes. You deserve to feel the same way!!!!
I really appreciate when my clients give such great compliments. I don’t require or even ask my clients to write them so it makes me feel that much better when messages like this end up in my inbox. Thank you!
“My friend found a Groupon for us both to do Boudoir photos online and on a whim I said “yes,” because the prices was so reasonable! The day of the shoot, I was so nervous, but Travis made us feel very comfortable and had lots of creative poses that were flattering. Going with a friend was great because we helped each other choose outfits and were a second pair of eyes for each other as the photos were being taken and when we had to edit them down afterwards. During the shoot, I was relaxed and having fun! The loft we used was beautifully decorated and very classy. It was so much better of an experience than I expected, and I am recommending him to all of my friends! Travis had the photos ready in a short turn-around time, and they turned out so beautiful, that I had a hard time narrowing it down to which ones I wanted to keep. Travis’ photography style is modern and elegant, (I loved the vintage filters he applied to some of the photos) and I liked that he was open to trying different ideas and appreciated creativity. I can’t wait to give my husband the photos!”
So I have had the pleasure of shooting over 40 beautiful women this past year and this post is to talk a little about the things I believe can help with your Boudoir Shoot! Some good and bad! I really hope others, whether a Photographer or Previous/Future Boudoir clients (of mine or other photographers), will join in and give their advice. I have shot in a lot of different locations, shot a large variety of clients and have seen a lot of different outfit ideas. So here we go.
1. Think about your outfits…a lot! Your outfits should include choices that are personal in some way! Favorite sports teams, a business shirt of his, something from his career or anything he will pick up on. Not all your outfits. Maybe 1.
2. Shoes are important. They lift your butt, make your legs look longer and stilettos are just sexy as hell.
3. You don’t have to wear shoes with all you outfits but you should definitely wear them with lingerie.
4. Invest in at least one pair of new Heels for your shoot. The bottom will show in some shots and the bottom should look new!!! Maybe just buy a nice pair of black heels. They go with a lot more. If you are a true Shoe chick you will probably already have all new shoes. You know what I’m talking about.
5. Make Up matters. You should have a pro do your make up. You can get your make up done well for around $50. Dawn makes a huge difference in my shoots. HUGE!!
6. Hair! You don’t necessarily have to have it done professionally, although I recommend it, but make sure you don’t look like it is just another day at work. Hair is a huge part of your over all look.
7. I am one of the few photographers that shoot Boudoir in clients homes. I believe it adds a very personal touch and I have had a lot of clients agree. But if your house isn’t suited for a shoot, spend money on a location. It matters.
8. 7 leads to 8. Spend money on getting ready for your Boudoir Shoot. I’m not saying spend more money with me, although you should do that as well, but spend it on your shoot. This is a once in a life time shoot and you shouldn’t just pull out your lingerie you have had in the bottom of your closet for 10 years.
9. I think this is the most important!! Be you. If you are a hippie chick, wear something fun and colorful. If you are a business woman, look in charge. You are who your significant other loves and wants to see half naked. Be you!
What am I forgetting? Let me know. Any ideas out there?
Hey Present and Future clients,
Here are some new photos that our clients have allowed us to show, taken over the last few weeks. Thank you so much to all the beautiful women who allow me to use their photos to show to the world. If you haven’t already, please go to my Facebook Page and like Bluegrass Boudoir/R.T. Photography. I am also on Instagram now under, travissalisbury. Hit that follow button. You know you want to.
Bluegrass Boudoir had the recent pleasure of photographing a bride the day before her wedding. Her fiance had bought the session as a surprise for her, to kick off the wedding weekend with a bang. Still not sure the shoot wasn’t more for him, lol, but there is nothing that lets your Bride to be know you think she is beautiful than a surprise Boudoir shoot. This shoot took place at the Highlands condo that is available for sessions. Call and book today. Mention this post and and receive 15% off your Boudoir Session!
Here is another great session at the Condo on Bardstown Rd. I love shooting in new locations but my location is perfect. What makes this location so great is the abundance of natural light it offers. I hardly ever have to set up lighting. It also has an old Louisville feel to it. Old plaster walls and reliefs, arched entry ways and decor that screams Kentucky! This client has preferred to stay anonymous so I can’t show you too much. Here is a little sneak peak! Enjoy!